There are many different kinds of shareholder disputes and the best way to solve them is to consult with commercial lawyers such as Summers Legal. A lawyer will be able to see things with an impartial eye and help you negotiate through what is often a painful maze to get the best outcome for you and for the company. So what kinds of disputes can happen if you own or are a director of a company?
Here are just some: –
- Disagreement over the direction the company is taking
- conflict of interest if you or any other director has an interest in another business
- Poor performance from a director or a shareholder
- Disputes can arise if the directors or board members are paying themselves high wages instead of paying shareholders
- Disagreements between partners for various reasons.