We love a good Internet investigation, so we got a real kick out of Gawker’s look inside a smear campaign. Things we learned this time around:
- 4channers don’t all like electro-pop. Apparently they’re 50/50 split heavy metal and indie.
- 4chan got their site’s founder voted Time magazine’s most influential person.
- On a related note, Time thinks 4chan invented LOLCats. There’s published books of cat pictures with funny captions from the 1960s, at least.
- There’s a website called ‘refreshthing’ that automates Google-bombing. Or at least (if you’re reading this a few days from now), there was.
- 4channers can’t hack for a damn.